Combining expertise from both mathematics (e.g. stochastics, game theory, operation research) and computer science (artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computation), IAS researchers conduct research in:
- Data-efficient, robust, transferable and explainable learning, planning and resource allocation in multi-agent systems.
- Multi-Agent Systems and Human-AI collectives (HAIC): investigating strategic and emergent behavior in multi-agents systems or collectives comprising both humans and AI agents, involving research topics ranging from negotiation and opponent modeling, to auction bidding, mechanism design and collective decision making.
- Explainable and Responsible AI
- Fundamental problems inspired by applications to energy systems, logistics, negotiations, and games as general models of strategic interactions.
Opportunities and Community Building
- Seminars For more information on our seminars, visit our event page
- Internships We invite talented Master's and PhD candidates to have a look at our internships.
- Supporting the AI community We strongly believe that successful research is a community effort to which we want to contribute: