BiographyI am a tenured researcher in the Human-Centered Data Analytics group at Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI). My research interests are centered around the challenge of assessing the quality of online information in a transparent, explainable, and (semi-)automated manner. I served the Credible Web W3C community group. I have been selected as the first joint fellow of the Institute of Advanced Studies and the Data Science Center of the University of Amsterdam. I obtained a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam in 2014.
My research tackles information quality assessment online from a broad perspective. As such, I am interested both in the development of computational methods to assess it, as well as in the socio-economic impact of the quality of the information online.
Topics I deal with in my research are:
- Crowdsourcing for information quality and credibility assessment;
- Distributed system for information quality assessment;
- Theoretical Information Quality Models;
- Logic Frameworks for Trust and Information Quality Management;
- Analysis of the Perception of Social Phenomena;
- Quality Assessment of Semantic Publishing.