We cordially invite you to the XXXVth edition of the International Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases (ICPIG XXXV).
The International Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases (ICPIG), now in its XXXV edition, since 1953 has been a forum for the discussion of nearly all fields of plasma science, covering modelling and experiments, from the fundamentals of elementary processes, basic data and discharge physics (including transport and interaction with walls), to applications. Topics include plasma processing of surfaces and particles, high pressure and thermal plasma processing, development of radiation sources, plasma medicine, atmospheric and stellar plasmas, environmental protection and pollution control, plasma aerodynamics, and non-thermal plasmas in fusion devices.
General invited lectures will be given by
- Annemie Bogaerts, Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium,
- Pascal Chabert, Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France,
- Kenji Ishikawa, Nagoya University, Japan,
- Achim von Keudell, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany,
- Zdenko Machala, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia,
- the winner of the von Engel and Franklin Prize (not yet known).
Furthermore, the conference will feature topical lectures and oral contributions that will be selected from the submitted abstracts. 4 poster sessions will take place in the early afternoons.
The conference will be located at Hotel Zuiderduin https://www.zuiderduin.nl/en/ in Egmond aan Zee https://egmond.nl. Egmond is a former fishermen’s village and nowadays a place for beach holidays. Rooms in the conference hotel are available for attractive prices, if booked in time. Air or train travel to the venue would approach Amsterdam airport or Amsterdam station. From there it is about an hour to Egmond by public transport.
Check this link for the international scientific committee and the local organizing committee. The second announcement with conference fees and deadlines will be mailed in early January and updated on the webpage.
Masaharu Shiratani, chair of the international scientific comittee
Ute Ebert and Sander Nijdam, chair and co-chair of the local organizing committee
Local Organizing Committee
(supported by Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands)
- Ute Ebert (chair), Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI) Amsterdam and Eindhoven University of Technology
- Sander Nijdam (co-chair), Eindhoven University of Technology
- Jannis Teunissen, Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI) Amsterdam
- Jan van Dijk, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Job Beckers, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Baohong Guo, Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI) Amsterdam
- Hemaditya Malla, Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI) Amsterdam
- Nada Mitrovic, Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI) Amsterdam