- Symposium Quantum Software in the Netherlands
- It is our pleasure to invite you to the symposium ‘Quantum Software in the Netherlands’. This event is hosted and organized by QuSoft, a joint research institute for quantum software, founded by CWI, UvA and VU. With the recent breakthroughs in hardware development, for many it is no longer a question of if but when the quantum computer will come.
- When Nov 25, 2016 from 08:45 AM to 04:00 PM (Europe/Amsterdam / UTC100)
- Where WCW Colloquiumzalen, Science Park 125, Amsterdam
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
It is our pleasure to invite you to the symposium ‘Quantum Software in the Netherlands’. This event is hosted and organized by QuSoft, a joint research institute for quantum software, founded by CWI, UvA and VU.
With the recent breakthroughs in hardware development, for many it is no longer a question of if but when the quantum computer will come. But when it comes, what will humanity do with it? The scientific field of quantum software is working on answers to this question. Historically, the Netherlands play an important role in this multidisciplinary field. The symposium will showcase a sample of the diverse topics that quantum software researchers from academia and industry in the Netherlands are working on.
Just as the classical transistor needed software to be of use as a computer, quantum bits need quantum software to be of use as quantum computers. By organizing this event, QuSoft aims to support and stimulate the development of the Dutch quantum software ecosystem.
Preliminary program (titles of presentations to be decided)
09.45 Registration and coffee/tea
10.15 Opening and introduction, Harry Buhrman, Director QuSoft
10.30 National and international quantum technology policy developments, Freeke Heijman, Ministry of Economic Affairs
10.45 KPN and quantum communication, Jaya Baloo, Chief Information Security Officer of KPN Telecom in the Netherlands
11.10 Quantum Communication , Stephanie Wehner, QuTech
11.35 Quantum Machine Learning, Aske Plaat, UL
12.00 Lunch break
13.00 Quantum simulations, Servaas Kokkelmans, TU/e
13.25 Post quantum crypto, Leo Ducas, CWI
13.50 Quantum Algorithms, Ronald de Wolf, QuSoft
14.15 Break with coffee and tea
14.45 Quantum Crypto, Serge Fehr, CWI
15.10 Algebraic structures in quantum theory, Aleks Kissinger, RU
15.35 Short presentations by young scientists (5x12 minutes)
To register for the symposium, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 18.
We look forward to welcoming you to this event!
Harry Buhrman and Kareljan Schoutens, Directors at QuSoft