- STAR Outreach Day
- You are cordially invited to attend the STAR Outreach Day. STAR, one of the research clusters founded by the Dutch Science CouncilNWO, aims to foster research in stochastics in The Netherlands. To thisend, it organizes workshops, hosts visitors and grants funding to appointpostdocs, PhD candidates and assistant professors.
- When Apr 22, 2016 from 09:00 AM to 03:30 PM (Europe/Amsterdam / UTC200)
- Where WCW Conference Halls, Science Park 125, Amsterdam
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
You are cordially invited to attend the STAR Outreach Day.
STAR, one of the research clusters founded by the Dutch Science Council
NWO, aims to foster research in stochastics in The Netherlands. To this
end, it organizes workshops, hosts visitors and grants funding to appoint
postdocs, PhD candidates and assistant professors. STAR stimulates the
interaction between researchers from probability theory, statistics and
stochastic operations researchers and researchers from other fields as
well as the general public. To this end, it organizes Outreach Days.
Previous days were devoted to, for example, road traffic, life sciences,
networks and big data.
The topic of this year's Day is: Earthquake modelling and analysis.
The program is aimed at statisticians, geologists, seismologists,
mathematicians and decision makers interested in the mechanisms that
generate earthquakes and in their consequences.
The program, featuring 4 excellent speakers, is on-line available.
The speakers are:
- Frederic Paik Schoenberg (UCLA)
- Jan Dirk Jansen (TU Delft)
- Danijela Sijacic (TNO)
- Marie-Colette van Lieshout (CWI/Twente)
On this website you can also register for free participation.
We hope to see you all,
Marie-Colette van Lieshout
Susanne van Dam