In April 2016, ERCIM News No. 105 was published: http://ercim-news.ercim.eu/en105. This issue features a special theme on Planning and Logistics, coordinated by guest editors Rob van der Mei (CWI and VU) and Ariona Shashaj (SICS).
Contributions from the Netherlands to nr. 105 are:
- Trends and Challenges in Logistics and Supply Chain Management - a keynote by Henk Zijm (University of Twente)
- Visions of the Future: Towards the Next Generation of Logistics and Planning Systems by guest editors Rob van der Mei (CWI, VUA) and Ariona Shashaj (SICS)
- Where is the Money? - Optimizing Cash Supply Chain Networks by Leendert Kok and Joaquim Gromicho (ORTEC)
- Boosting the Responsiveness of Firefighter Services with Mathematical Programming by Pieter van den Berg (TU Delft), Guido Legemaate (Amsterdam Fire Department), and Rob van der Mei (CWI and VUA)
- Predicting the Demand for Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles by Merel Steenbrink, Elenna Dugundji and Rob van der Mei (CWI)
- Designing Sustainable Last-Mile Delivery Services in Online Retailing by Niels Agatz, Leo Kroon, Remy Spliet and Albert Wagelmans (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Spare Parts Stocking and Expediting in a Fluctuating Demand Environment by Joachim Arts (TU Eindhoven)
- Integrated Resource Planning in Maintenance Logistics by Ahmad Al Hanbali, Sajjad Rahimi-Ghahroodi, and Henk Zijm (University of Twente)
Next issue: No. 106, July 2016 - Special Theme: "Cybersecurity" (see Call for contributions). Deadline for contributions: Tuesday 17 May 2016.
Picture: ERCIM News