- The licences entitle authorized users to access electronic publications and databases. Authorized users must be employees, faculty, staff, or students officially affiliated with the CWI or authorized on-site patrons of the library facilities.
- Usage is restricted to research and study purposes. Articles may be downloaded for personal use. Systematic downloading of articles or substantial portions of the database and use of robots, spiders etc. is prohibited. Usage is monitored by usage statistics.
- An authorized user may not make the contents of the packages available to anyone other than another authorized user, whether by telephone link or by permitting access through his or her terminal or computer, or by other similar or dissimilar means or arrangements.
- Reuse of articles without prior permission of the publisher is prohibited. Publications which are part of creative commons or open access may be reused subject to certain conditions. In all cases check with the publisher what the conditions are. Always provide proper reference to the original articles.
- All digital packages and its contents are subject to copyright, database protection, and other rights of the publishers and the country of use. Violation of these terms and conditions may result in suspension or termination of access for the whole institute. Possible legal and financial consequences will be passed on to the offender.