The CWI master projects below are currently open for applications. If you want more information about the scope of the projects, please click on the link and the pdf will open.
Current Master Projects
Are you a bachelor or master student in mathematics, computer science or a related field of study? Please take a look at our current master projects. Doing a master project at CWI will give you the opportunity to work on current scientific topics at our institute under guidance of top researchers.
- Ingestion of Semi-Structured Data in DuckDB
- Vectorizing Worst-Case-Optimal Join Algorithms
- DuckDB on mobile phones// A Whitebox File Format on Parquet// Whitebox Compression using Deep Learning// DuckDB Graph Library// Automatic functional dependency detection and schema normalization// Progressive query processing in DuckDB
- multiple projects at Databricks and MotherDuck
- Best Arm Identification in Survival Models
- ϵ-Best Mixture Identification
- MSc Project: Life-long Online Learning
- Various Projects on E-Values, Always-Valid Confidence Sequences and "Safe Testing"
- Learning to Attend to Classify
- Machine learning to efficiently linearize systems for control
- How does the infant brain learn to segment speech, invariant of speaker?
- Budget-feasible Mechanism Design with Predictions
- Indexing extra-large data for long patterns using small space
- Profitable product set discovery
- Inefficiency of Corruption in Single-item Auctions
- Geodesic Optimization and the Paulsen Problem in Frame Theory
- Computing real solutions to polynomial equations