Message for my candidacy for the Council of the EATCS:
I want to participate in the council and discuss all upcoming issues. In particular, I am interested in the issues of open access publications, relationship with other international bodies, EATCS event portfolio.
Some positions I hold or have held that are relevant for this candidacy:
- Director of CWI, as such involved with ERCIM;
- IFIP: member of TC1 (Theory) on behalf of NL (NGI), chair of WG 1.8 (Concurrency);
- ACM: involved with set-up of SIG LOG;
- EATCS: member, general chair of ICALP 2003;
- Eindhoven University of Technology: professor of Theoretical Computer Science, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, and professor of Systems Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering;
- FME: member, general chair of FM 2009;
- CONCUR: chair, steering committee; general chair, CONCUR 1990, 1991, 1999;
- IPA: scientific director of Dutch research school Institute on Programming research and Algorithmics;
- NVTI: member, board member 1995-2010 of Dutch Association of Theoretical Computer Science;
- KHMW: member of Royal Holland Society of Sciences and Humanities;
- JLAP: editor;
- researcher: see e.g. http://www.processalgebra.org.